Tuesday 29 November 2016

PLANNING: Interviewing our character




Open Source here.


We have decided to interview our characters to get to know them. This screenshot from the website 'Film Escape' has an article from Charlie Sierra who writes about 'Pen Densham' who is an Oscar nominated film maker who has made 16 feature films. He uses the technique of interviewing characters to allow him to get to know the characters better. 

We will interview the policeman after the incident where he hits the teenager on the bike. We will ask him about the family situation and how much pressure he is under during his work.

Here is the interview:

Psychiatrist: Hello, how are you?
Police Officer: Not bad, I’m pretty good thank you.
Psychiatrist: So, have you been alright recently… has there been anything on your mind at all and still there now?
Police Officer: I’ve just been under a lot of pressure recently.
Psychiatrist: From work?
Police Officer: Mainly from work, but also from home I guess.
Psychiatrist: What’s been happening at work that’s causing you to stress?
Police Officer: I am failing to meet deadlines, my boss is angry, the work is piling and don’t get much time at home for my family.
Psychiatrist: Ok, do you think this has affected you mentally, like do you think it has influenced the accident that happened earlier this week.
Police Officer: What accident? There wasn’t one that involved me.
Psychiatrist: I want you to be honest with me now because I am suspicious of the way you are acting. (Squints eyes)
Police Officer: Okay, yes there was… but it wasn’t anything major I promise. (Rubbing his hands acting aggravated in his chair)
Psychiatrist: Ah, I see. So I am right in saying that there was an accident on your terms and yours only?
Police Officer: Unfortunately yes. (Looks down to his feet)

Psychiatrist: Right… Here is how I’m going to help (places hand on the file of paper before fading black into a cut away shot)

1 comment: